Quick Ways to Capture Time
If you are getting paid for time spent, then it goes without saying, if you aren’t billing for your time, you are leaving money on the table. Zola Suite has several nifty ways to capture your time:
- Convert a Calendar entry to a Time Entry when associating it with a Matter. The Time Entry will be available to bill after the Event has taken place.
Tip: Select the "Create Time Entry" box after the Event has occurred. This way it will be available immediately.
- Create a Time Entry from an Activity Log.
- Convert a Task to Time Entry.
- Use the timer. Do you have a court appearance and want to record the actual time spent including your travel time? Did you know that you can start the timer on your desktop and continue by using your mobile app?
- You can create a time entry on the fly from our Quick Add feature.
- Inside of your clients Matter, you can create a time entry.
- You can navigate to the designated Time section and create entries.
- Composing an email also allows you to create a time entry after sending.
- If you get a phone call and start a Note for a Phone Call a time entry will be created for you.
- Time entries can also be created after editing and saving a document using zEditor.
- The 11th way to capture time is through the Apple Watch app! Make sure you download the Zola Suite mobile app in order to keep time on your Apple Watch.
Time Entry Rules
CARET Legal offers the ability to limit Time Entries from using pre-selected words that may cause the invoice to be rejected. In many areas of law, most frequently with corporate clients or during the LEDES upload process, bills are scanned and will ...
How Do I Make a Time Entry for My Task?
In Zola Suite you have the ability to easily create a Time Entry for any completed Task. Follow the below directions to learn how to create a time entry for a task: First navigate to the task section of Zola Suite. This can be done through your ...
How Do I Add/Edit My Default Billing Rate?
Your default rate is going to be the rate you use most commonly for billing. To set up or edit your default billing rate: Go to your 'My Settings' Scroll all the way to the bottom under 'Billing' Click inside of the 'Default Rate' box and fill in or ...
How Do I Print All Time Entries for a Matter?
You are able to print out all Time Entries for a Matter and use the advanced search to narrow down your results. Zola Suite offers two ways of printing. You can do this using the Export function which downloads the data into CSV format and Print to ...
Time Entry Overview video
This video shows all the different ways to add a time entry into Zola Suite
Experiencing degraded performance in CARET Legal?