Client Texting Registration
Who and what is Twilio?
- Twilio is a cloud communications platform that provides a wide range of tools and services to help organizations deploy various communication applications. CARET has partnered with Twilio to enable our text messaging feature, providing two-way communication (A2P) between our customers and their clients.
What is A2P and why is it good? What does it mean for the firm?
- A2P (Application-to-Person) is a type of messaging that allows business to send messages through an app to a standard 10-digit phone number. An example of A2P is CARET Legal Client Texting which provides firms with the ability to quickly connect with clients, leads and matter related contacts. CARET partners with Twilio to effectively deliver this service.
- What does this mean for your law firm? CARET Legal customers should register now to benefit from improved deliverability and increased throughput in the new verified A2P 10DLC ecosystem.
- To register, please click here [jump to Onboarding section]
What would prevent my A2P 10DLC registration from getting approved?
- Several factors can prevent you from getting approved for 10DLC messaging. While the specific criteria may vary depending on carrier requirements, examples include High-risk financial services, Third-party lead generation services and marketing, Debt collection or forgiveness, Gambling, Prescription drugs, “Get rich quick” schemes, and Illegal substances/articles.
- Common reasons for non-approval:
- Consistency in brand, website and sample messages
If your brand name is Acme, your website is www.acme.com, but your sample messages say “Here’s your one-time passcode for logging into www.contoso.com”, your submission will be rejected.
- Consistency in sample messages and use cases
If you register a marketing campaign, but sample messages say “Here’s your one-time passcode: 123456”, your submission will be rejected.
- Consistency in email domain and company name
If you register a brand as Twilio Inc, but you provide an email address with the Gmail domain names, your submission will be rejected. Note that this check only applies to large, well-known corporations that should have dedicated email domains.
- Make sure you submit real, working websites
If you indicate that your customers opt-in to your messages via the website, but provide a website address that does not function, your submission will be rejected.
- Make sure the brand you register is the actual brand that you’re sending messages for
If you register a brand with your own company’s information (e.g. a company that provides tech for dental offices), but end up sending messages for your customers (e.g., individual dentist practices), your submission will be rejected.
- Make sure you create as few duplicative submissions as possible
Excessive brands with the same EIN and excessive submissions with the same attributes may be seen as high-risk and may result in submission rejection.
- If you wish to send templated messages, please make sure to indicate the templated fields in sample messages with brackets, to help reviewers better identify which parts are templated
For example, please write “Dental check due for [Mary Doe], Visit [www.contoso.com] to schedule an appointment or call [123-456-7890]”.
Onboarding: How do I register my Client Texting number?
To enable Client Texting, an Admin must enable this feature and register your business via Firm Settings > Firm Options > Client Texting.
To comply with A2P 10DLC requirements, the Onboarding Process occurs in two phases:
- Registering your brand (business)
- Registering your firm’s campaign (communication topics)
We have updated the texting setup page in your Firm Settings to capture the new information required by the US carriers.
Note that you will have to visit this page more than once to complete your full application. This process may seem a bit cumbersome as it was designed by the carriers for marketing firms who run multiple SMS campaigns, not law firms like yours.
- Please login to CARET Legal, go to Firm Settings and then Client Texting & fill out the required fields.
- When you click submit you will receive an email from email@example.com confirming the receipt of your brand and profile information. Your registration status in Firm Settings will change to “Brand Submitted”.
- Within the next 48 hours you will receive another email from firstname.lastname@example.org confirming that your brand has been approved. Your registration status will now show “Brand Approved.”
- Now you need to go back into Firm Settings -> Client Texting and submit your Campaign (the way you will use client texting). You will receive another email from email@example.com confirming that the campaign has been submitted for review. Your registration status will now show “Campaign Submitted”.
- Note: The campaign approval process can take up to 3 weeks.
- Upon approval you will receive another email from firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also see a “Successfully Registered & Approved” status in the Client Texting page in your Firm Settings.
- You can now begin using texting capabilities again!
Required Fields About Your Brand (Business)
Enter the exact legal business name, as registered with the EIN. E.g. Caret Legal Inc. rather than CL
Use this website https://www.hipaaspace.com/ein/ein_verification/ ] to confirm your or legal business name. If you do not have an EIN, you are unable to register for A2P 10DLC.
|Email Address||The email to receive notifications for the registration process|
|Company Website URL||If your company has multiple websites, please only enter the primary website URL. |
|Business Type||Please select from the dropdown |
|Business Industry||Please select from the dropdowns or indicate “Other” if not listed|
|EIN||Enter the EIN Tax ID Example, 121234567. Use this website [ https://www.hipaaspace.com/ein/ein_verification/ ] to confirm your EIN and/or legal business name. If you do not have an EIN, you are unable to register for A2P 10DLC.|
|Company Name||If different that Business Name|
PO Boxes are allowed, only use it if your business entity has a legitimate connection to the PO Box address.
Please enter the address exactly as it appears in the EIN listing.
|City||Please enter the address exactly as it appears in the EIN listing.|
|State||Please enter the address exactly as it appears in the EIN listing.|
|Postal Code||Please enter the address exactly as it appears in the EIN listing.|
|Country||Please enter country in abbreviated two letter format e.g. US for United States, CA for Canada, UK for United Kingdom, etc.|
|Company Type||Please Select from the drop down|
|Business Title||Your Title|
|Job Position||Please Select from the drop down|
|First Name||Input your First Name|
|Last Name||Input your Last Name|
|Phone Number||Input a work number |
Required Fields About Your Campaign (Use Cases for Client Texting)
|Use Case Description ||
The description should be thorough and provide an explanation of the campaign’s objective or purpose. Provided description needs to answer who the sender is, who the recipient is, and why messages are being sent to the intended recipient. Minium of 40 Characters
Example: As an Attorney in a Legal firm my client has provided their mobile number so I can communicate details and/or the status of their legal case via text message.
|Message Sample 1||
You will be asked to provide two examples of a message you would send to your customers.
Example: Please review and sign the document in your email.
|Message Sample 2||
Example: The hearing has been delayed.
|Will you be using an embedded phone number within the body of the text message?||Check the Box if the answer is yes|
|Will you be using an embedded link within the body of the text message?||Check the Box if the answer is yes|
Customer will receive an email from Twilio confirming a submission for registration. It can take 1-2 days to get the brand approved.
The Submission has been Approved. Customer will receive Twilio email confirming the Brand has been approved.
Time to log back into CL and submit the campaign.
Campaign has been Submitted. Customer will receive a Twilio email confirming the Campaign has been submitted for review.
The review process can take up to 3 weeks.
Successfully Registered and Approved
|Successfully Registered and Approved. Client can begin using texting capabilities.|
Do I need to register for a Client Texting number again?
- Customers who have an existing Twilio number will be retained; this means conversations will still be accessible once approved.
- This is a one-time-registration per provider.
How Do I Resend the Caseway Invitation and Security Code to a Client?
The first time you share a Document or Invoice with a client, they will be sent an invitation to register for zolacaseway.com, along with a security code via text message. Should the client not have the email or text message for any reason, you can ...
Can I Send Text Messages From Zola Suite?
Zola Suite offers multiple ways to communicate with your clients and colleagues. In addition to our in-app email client, phone call notes, client portal, and email blasting, we also have the ability to send text messages directly from a Matter. ...
Can I View The Email My Client Gets When I Share a Document With Them?
If I upload a document and decide to share it with a client, I understand that Zola Suite will automatically send out an email. Will these notifications appear in my outbox? No, you will not see this message in your outbox. These messages are sent ...
How Do I Change the Primary Client in a Matter?
If the Primary Client for your Matter changes or you accidentally selected the incorrect Contact, you can always change this field. If you would like to change the role of any Contact other than the primary client, this will be done differently. ...
Is My Client Able to View Any of Their Matter Information?
No, this information is intended for internal use only within Zola Suite. Should you give a client the option to sign up for Caseway, they will only be able to view Documents and Invoices that you have shared with them.
Experiencing degraded performance in CARET Legal?