How Do I Apply a Retainer to Invoice(s)?
With "Apply Retainer" you are able to apply multiple payments from a specific bank account (that were entered in as new retainers) to multiple invoices from a specific matter
- Go to the Accounting section, click the "+" on the green action bar or click on the Quick Add menu on top of the page
- Select "Apply Trust/Retainer"
- From this window select the applicable options. Based on your selection a list of the open invoices will be displayed.
- Date - Date to apply the retainer money as payment to the invoice
- Matter - the matter that has the retainer recorded and invoices that you would like to pay
- Bank Account - the bank account that has the recorded retainer money
- Transfer To - the operating bank account you would like to transfer the money to now that it is earned and no longer required to be in trust. (only applies to trust retainers)
- Select the Invoice(s) you would like to apply payments to and click Apply Funds
How Do I Record a New Retainer?
When taking in any kind of advanced client payment, retainer or recording a deposit to the Trust account you will want to enter it as a New Trust/Retainer Payment. You can also create a retainer with a credit card via LawPay. Go to Accounting section ...
How Do I Refund a Retainer?
If you have leftover funds within a client's matter or if they overpaid, you can refund their retainers. Operating retainers can be done within the Invoices and Payments section by clicking on the +, while Trust retainers must be refunded by creating ...
How Do I Add a Payment to an Invoice?
There are multiple ways to add payments to client invoices in Zola Suite: Adding Payments as Retainers - If a client deposited funds for you to work and bill against, you can add the funds as a new retainer then apply the retainer individually or in ...
How do I apply a partial payment to an invoice?
If a client will be paying invoices in installments or give you one large amount for multiple invoices, you may need to apply a partial payment. To do so: Select from either the Quick Add or in the Accounting Section, 'Apply Direct Payment' Fill out ...
What is the difference between Operating and Trust Retainers?
A Trust Retainer is money that is given to the firm that needs to go into a separate escrow account where the firm has no access to it. However, an operating account is money that is given to the firm that can be used by the firm on payment. Once ...
Experiencing degraded performance in Zola Suite?