How Do I Delete Invoices?
Deleting an Invoice will depend on what status the invoice is currently in and the result of deletion will depend on how exactly you created the invoice.
An invoice can be in Draft, Submit For Approval, Approved/Not Paid, Partially Paid, Paid, and Void. If Pre-bill is not enabled there will only be Not Paid, Partially Paid, Paid, and Void statuses available.
If the invoice has passed the approval stage it can only be voided.
if the invoice has not passed the approval stage there are 2 ways it can be deleted:
- Option 1 - From Invoice List
- Go to either the Invoice tab inside of the Matter OR go to the Invoices & Payments tab in the Accounting section
- Go to the right-hand side of the invoice, click on the 3 vertical dots and select Delete
- Option 2 - From within an Invoice
- Click inside of the invoice
- Click on the blue Action button and select delete
How the invoice was created:
- Un-billed Activities
- All items that were unbilled activity will be re-added back to the unbilled activity page and others will be permanently deleted. Also, any edits made to the unbilled activity will be lost.
- Therefore, if you have created an invoice that was created from unbilled activities and does not include all of the time entries and expenses it needs, you will need to delete the invoice to then create the invoice again and include them all.
- Blank Invoice
- all line items will be deleted
Can I Edit or Delete Invoiced Time Entries?
Zola Suite allows you to generate invoices from existing Time Entries and Expenses, which are considered "Unbilled Activity." Once the bill is created from that activity, the status will be marked as "Invoiced," and you will no longer see the edit or ...
How Do I Delete or Void an Approved Invoice?
If your firm does not allow editing of Approved Invoices, only Invoices that are Drafts or Pending Approval can be deleted. If you need to make changes to an Approved Invoice it must be Voided. Deleting or Voiding an invoice will move the activity ...
How Do I Approve Draft Invoices?
If your firm has the "Draft By Default" setting enabled in Firm Settings, Invoices will need to be approved before payments can be applied to them. From the Invoice Grid: 1. Find the Invoice you'd like to approve and click the button. 2. If the ...
Time Entry Rules
CARET Legal offers the ability to limit Time Entries from using pre-selected words that may cause the invoice to be rejected. In many areas of law, most frequently with corporate clients or during the LEDES upload process, bills are scanned and will ...
Can I Upload Time Entries and Expenses from a Spreadsheet?
You can now easily import a spreadsheet with time entries and expenses through your Zola Suite account without the assistance of Zola’s migration team. Contact us for copies of these import templates. Once you have filled out your Time or Expenses ...
Experiencing degraded performance in CARET Legal?