How Do I Refund a Retainer?
If you have leftover funds within a client's matter or if they overpaid, you can refund their retainers. Operating retainers can be done within the Invoices and Payments section by clicking on the +, while Trust retainers must be refunded by creating a New Trust Check.
Refund Operating Retainers
- Go to the Accounting section
- On the green action bar, click + sign and select Refund Retainer.
- The "Refund a Retainer" window will pop up. This window will show only matters and bank accounts that have a retainer balance.
Refund Trust Retainers
- Go to Banks and Registers, or use the Quick Add tool.
- Select New Trust Check.
- Select the Matter from the Dropdown menu. This will tell you how much the client has left in Trust.
- After filling in the details of the check, you can Save it or Save and Print it to send the check to the client.
How Do I Apply a Retainer to Invoice(s)?
With "Apply Retainer" you are able to apply multiple payments from a specific bank account (that were entered in as new retainers) to multiple invoices from a specific matter Go to the Accounting section, click the "+" on the green action bar ...
How Do I Add a Payment to an Invoice?
There are multiple ways to add payments to client invoices in Zola Suite: Adding Payments as Retainers - If a client deposited funds for you to work and bill against, you can add the funds as a new retainer then apply the retainer individually or in ...
How Do I Refund LawPay Payments?
If a client makes a payment in error through Zola Suite's LawPay integration, you must take the following two steps: Remove the payment from the invoice where payment was made in error. Log into your LawPay account directly and initiate the refund. ...
How Do I Create a New Retainer Using LawPay?
Zola Suite along with LawPay allow users to receive retainers and directly apply the funds to their accounts. To do so: Go to the Accounting section under the Invoices tab Click on the plus sign and select New Trust/Retainer Payment Fill out the ...
How Do I Record a New Retainer?
When taking in any kind of advanced client payment, retainer or recording a deposit to the Trust account you will want to enter it as a New Trust/Retainer Payment. You can also create a retainer with a credit card via LawPay. Go to Accounting section ...
Experiencing degraded performance in Zola Suite?