How Do I Refund a Retainer?
If you have leftover funds within a client's matter or if they overpaid, you can refund their retainers. Operating retainers can be done within the Invoices and Payments section by clicking on the +, while Trust retainers must be refunded by creating a New Trust Check.
Refund Operating Retainers
- Go to the Accounting section
- On the green action bar, click + sign and select Refund Retainer.
- The "Refund a Retainer" window will pop up. This window will show only matters and bank accounts that have a retainer balance.
Refund Trust Retainers
- Go to Banks and Registers, or use the Quick Add tool.
- Select New Trust Check.
- Select the Matter from the Dropdown menu. This will tell you how much the client has left in Trust.
- After filling in the details of the check, you can Save it or Save and Print it to send the check to the client.
How Do I Add a Payment to an Invoice?
There are multiple ways to add payments to client invoices in Zola Suite: Adding Payments as Retainers - If a client deposited funds for you to work and bill against, you can add the funds as a new retainer then apply the retainer individually or in ...
How Do I Apply a Retainer to Invoice(s)?
With "Apply Retainer" you are able to apply multiple payments from a specific bank account (that were entered in as new retainers) to multiple invoices from a specific matter Go to the Accounting section, click the "+" on the green action bar ...
How do I refund a client’s payment using APX?
When you process a client payment that was made through APX, that payment can easily be refunded right in Zola Suite. To create the refund, you will first need to go to the main accounting sections and select Banks and Registers. Select the account ...
How do I Apply a Retainer to a Split Billing Matter?
When using split billing, CARET Legal will create sub-matters, or child matters, for each party that is responsible for a percentage of the billed amount. The parent matter will display all the associated information for that matter, however the AR ...
How do I apply a partial payment to an invoice?
If a client will be paying invoices in installments or give you one large amount for multiple invoices, you may need to apply a partial payment. To do so: Select from either the Quick Add or in the Accounting Section, 'Apply Direct Payment' Fill out ...
Experiencing degraded performance in CARET Legal?