How do I Use zDrive for PC?
This article provides an overview of zDrive and the already powerful document management system of Zola Suite. The system keeps documents organized and makes it easy to search, sort and review.
zDrive allows you
to edit these documents and save them with greater ease
! You will no longer have to download the document to make changes and upload a new version. With zDrive, simply open the document by clicking on the "Open with zDrive" button that displays when hovering over that document.
Here’s how it works:
- Click on the zDrive logo (either on the Zola Suite login page or within the Documents tab of a matter) to download and install the appropriate file depending on your operating system.
- Once the program is downloaded you will be prompted to enter your Zola Suite login credentials.
- When editing a document saved in Zola Suite’s document management tool, click on “Open in zDrive” which will open the file in the associated program on your PC (Word, Excel, Acrobat, etc.)
- You will then see a pop-up that asks you would like to set viewing these documents defaulted to zDrive. To open documents you will need to click on a pop-up.
- This document will be available to edit when the window appears in the lower right hand corner of your screen - for Windows. Just click on the window! A box will open for Mac and you will click open. Note: you may see a pop-up at the top of your screen
- Edit your file on your computer with the associated application and save it. A new version of the file will be saved automatically to your Zola Suite account; no uploading required!
- If you are using zDrive for the first time since restarting the editing program you are using, you will be asked to log in. Be sure that you are using your Zola Suite username and password.
zDrive must be activated on your account before it can be used. It is only available at the
subscription level. Please reach out to your Account Executive for more information about getting activated.
Why Aren't Documents Opened with zDrive for Windows Saving Updates?
zDrive needs to have full access to the folders that store its temporary files. These folders should be located on the PC’s C:\ drive, not a Network drive or a folder that automatically syncs to the cloud, like a OneDrive folder. To find where your ...
How do I Use zDrive for Mac?
This article provides an overview of zDrive and the already powerful document management system of Zola Suite. The system keeps documents organized and makes it easy to search, sort and review. zDrive allows you to edit these documents and save them ...
Why Aren't Documents Opening with zDrive Windows?
With most locally downloaded and installed programs, if left running for too long, you may need to close out of it and restart it. If you are experiencing issues opening documents in zDrive, restarting the application should be the first step in ...
What Are Rate Cards and How Do I Use Them?
If you have a specific user rate that you use over and over again rather than having to set up user rates in the Matter or assign them to a Contact, you can create a rate card. These Rate cards can be selected on a Contact or for a Matter. To create ...
How Can I Use Contact Tags?
Zola Suite includes a tagging feature that can be used to help categorize and search for Contacts. This feature can be used within the contacts section to create and export contact lists. A tag is a self-building library of keywords that the system ...
Experiencing degraded performance in Zola Suite?