Once a status has been closed, can I reopen it?

Once a Matter has been closed, can I reopen it?

Yes, a Closed Status is in no way permanent. If at any time you need to reopen the Matter, you can simply:
  • click on the Matter within the “Matters" section of your account.
  • Sort by status at the top of the page or do a search to quickly locate it.

  • Click on Status and select Open and hit the checkmark to save.

The matter will now show under the Open Matters tab in Matters.

    • Related Articles

    • How Do I Change a Matter's Status to Closed?

      You can change the status of a Matter from within the Matter Details page. When you hover over the status field, click the pencil button that shows. From here you can change the Matter status from Open to Closed, then click the check button to save ...
    • What is the difference between a Pending Matter and an Open Matter?

      When you create a new matter, you may assign a status to the case. You will find three options here: Open Pending On Hold Closed There is often some confusion regarding the difference between Open and Pending. Generally speaking, Open should be ...
    • Can I Set Increments on a Matter Basis?

      Yes! When you create a Matter, you can set the increment right away. If you don't, it will be saved as the increment you entered in your Firm Settings. If you would like to change this later on, you can do so in the Matter Options tab of the Matter ...
    • Can I Edit Matter Names?

      You can edit existing Matter names by going to the Matter section, and into the Matter's page. In the Matter detail box (located in a white box at the top of the page), hovering over the Matter No. field will prompt a gray pencil to appear, click ...
    • How Do I Create a New Matter?

      Setting up a new Matter can be done in two ways: They can be quickly added from any section of Zola Suite through the Quick Add menu From the Matter section of Zola Suite by clicking on the “+" on the right-hand side of the Matters' menu. In the New ...


    Experiencing degraded performance in Zola Suite?