When and how do I use trust checks?
If you need to make disbursements directly out of funds in trust for a particular matter, you can use the Trust Check feature. Zola Suite does not allow you to use the standard Check/Hard Cost window to draw from a trust account.
To create a trust check:
- Click the "+" at the top right for your quick add menu you will see 2 options at the bottom, "New Check" (only for operating accounts) and "New Trust Check" (only for trust accounts).
- Select "New Trust Check" and a window pop up. Once completed click one of the save options.
Special Features of Trust Check:
- Forces selection of a Matter (and only a single Matter per check).
- Does not allow you to draw more than the amount in Trust for that Matter.
- Keeps your Matter/Trust Ledger in properly in balance. You can view your Matter Ledger under the Matter Ledger tab under the Matter page.
When to Use a Trust Check:
- When making disbursements directly for a matter expense such as court fees.
Can I Upload Trust Check History?
In Zola Suite, you have the ability to create trust checks one at a time, which can be printed and used to pay disbursements from retained funds. If you are looking to upload a list of trust checks that have already been created, rather than create ...
What is Zola Suite's WIP/AR Trust Report?
The WIP/AR Trust Report in Zola Suite is extremely comprehensive and useful when allocating funds from Trust or an Operating Retainer, but it also serves as an excellent tool to get a detailed look at each of your Matters from a financial ...
What Is the Difference Between Operating and Trust Retainers?
A Trust Retainer is money that is given to the firm that needs to go into a separate escrow account where the firm has no access to it. However, an operating account is money that is given to the firm that can be used by the firm on payment. Once ...
How Do I Generate an Amount for Trust Replenishment on a Client’s Invoice?
If your firm requires that clients maintain a specific trust balance, the "Required Trust Balance" can be configured to incorporate that number into the client’s invoice balance. Under the Matter Options tab, you will find the "Required Trust ...
What type of checks are compatible to print from Zola Suite?
If you are using the print check feature in Zola Suite, you will need 3-part business checks (these checks have a check on the top and two stubs below). These are often referred to as "Voucher Checks". Voucher checks that have the check in the middle ...
Experiencing degraded performance in CARET Legal?