When and how do I use trust checks?
If you need to make disbursements directly out of funds in trust for a particular matter, you can use the Trust Check feature. Zola Suite does not allow you to use the standard Check/Hard Cost window to draw from a trust account.
To create a trust check:
- Click the "+" at the top right for your quick add menu you will see 2 options at the bottom, "New Check" (only for operating accounts) and "New Trust Check" (only for trust accounts).
- Select "New Trust Check" and a window pop up. Once completed click one of the save options.
Special Features of Trust Check:
- Forces selection of a Matter (and only a single Matter per check).
- Does not allow you to draw more than the amount in Trust for that Matter.
- Keeps your Matter/Trust Ledger in properly in balance. You can view your Matter Ledger under the Matter Ledger tab under the Matter page.
When to Use a Trust Check:
- When making disbursements directly for a matter expense such as court fees.
Experiencing degraded performance in Zola Suite?