What are "Intake Forms" Used For, and How do I Create One?
In CARET Legal, the "Intake Forms" are used to record specific Matter related data which can either be collected from the client or filled in manually. The data can then be used to create Merge Fields for Document Templates
Intake forms can be created by:
- Going to your Firm Settings and selecting Custom Fields & Intake Forms -- Intake Forms.
- Select the + located on the grey bar
- You will need to choose a name for the Intake Form you are creating, and choose a Practice Area. Practice Area is for saving purposes only. The form can be used for any Matter regardless of Practice Area.
- Fields can be any combination of text, paragraph, checkboxes, multiple choice, date, dropdown menu, time, number, Contact, website, email address, price or address.
- Select save.
To use an intake form:
- Go to the Matter you wish to create it for. Within the Matter, you will see a tab labeled "Intake Forms".
- Select the + on the purple bar, then fill in the required fields by selecting the Practice Area and the Form you wish to fill in.
- You can then enter all the details specific to this Matter within the fields you created or share blank intake forms with your clients!
NOTE: The 'contact' field types cannot be used if the intake form is going to be used externally.
How Do I Use Document Automation?
Document Automation will allow you to create Document Templates in Microsoft Word with Merge Fields for matter specific information. For every Matter, you will be able to generate a Document and fill in the matching information with a few clicks. If ...
How Do I Share Intake Forms With My Clients?
Once you have created your Intake Form, you are able to share the form with your clients via email and a shareable link as well as filling it out yourself if they are in your office. To share the form: Go to the Matter in which you would like to ...
How Do I Create a Document Template?
Document Templates are Word and PDF documents that you can use over and over again, but with specific details changing from Matter to Matter. These templates are used to create a new document. An example might be a letter where you wish to have the ...
How Do I Create Custom Fields?
Custom fields can be created from the Custom Fields tab of Firm Settings. To add new fields click the plus button on the black action bar and select which section you’d like to create the field(s) for. Custom Matter Fields can be created for all ...
Intake Forms Video
For more information on how to use Intake Forms in a Document Template check out our Document Automation Video
Experiencing degraded performance in Zola Suite?